Great Open Door takes your privacy very seriously
The information we collect
When you visit, or register for services on our site Great Open Door will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details so Great Open Door can contact you. We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from e-mails or letters you send to us.
How we use your information
- to establish and maintain your involvement with Great Open Door, including providing you with regular correspondence;
- to provide the services you have requested from Great Open Door;
- to answer your inquiry by post, telephone, mobile phone, fax as well as email;
- to assist us to make Great Open Door’s sites, services more valuable to our community;
- for direct promotion of our services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications; and
- to different parts of Great Open Door to enable the development and promotion of other products and services and to improve our general ability to assist Great Open Door attendees and the wider community.
The information you provide to us will be held on computers and may be accessed by or given to our staff for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Our staff process information and provide support services on our behalf. We do not pass any information to third parties, except where we are legally required to do so.
Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential. It is never sold, given away, or shared with anyone, unless we’re required to by law.
Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that Great Open Door holds about you by contacting Great Open Door’s Privacy Officer as set out below. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
Great Open Door will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, Great Open Door cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. We take security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Your information will be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.